Thursday, January 24, 2008

Congratulations!!!!

Have I ever said how great my hubby is? He's had a HUGE achievement that he wasn't even trying for.....

He is EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR for the state of Florida in his department!!!!!!

(***small disclaimer*** since our state is so large there is one from the southern half of the state and one from the northern half of the state)

Now not only is this an impressive feat of its own accord, but anyone that knows my honey knows that he doesn't do what he does for accolades or for plaques or even a pat on the back... he has chosen his career because it was his life long dream a lifestyle that is revered among his family and culture and he works as hard as he does because he loves waking up in the morning and going to work. I can understand this simply because he has afford me the opportunity to do my life long dream of being a stay-at-home-mom and raising my children. Many of the "stay-at-homes" that I know understand that feeling and fully realize that they may never receive a public kudos or even so much as a congratulatory certificate. Now you can only imagine his surprise when he went into the office today and they had a big "to do" for him. I have never heard or seen him so proud of himself, finally everyone else sees in him what I have always seen in him.

CONGRATULATIONS HONEY!!!!!!! YOU THE MAN!!

5 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Congrats to Frank!!

Jen and TJ said...

Does Frank know how much you have raved about him? AWESOME!! by any chance, does this mean more $$$? OK, I guess the recognition is good enough...Congrats Frank!

Maddie, Mad Rambler said...

Yeah he knows I have gushed about him and he is thoroughly embarassed (with a slightly enflated ego- ala "How does it feel to be married to the employee of the year?"and when he's asked to do something his response is "do you know that I am the employee of the year?" LOL)
Of course no more money... we ARE talking about state funded employment. And recognition? He says he needs it somewhere... only the kids get it around here- LOL

Maddie, Mad Rambler said...

Thanks guys.... I'll pass the word on to him.... =)

Gottfredsen said...

Congratulations that is wonderful.